Wednesday, September 17, 2008

First post!!!

Well folks, this is my first post so i should tell you about what sort of races im training for. At the moment my focus is on mountain bikeing where my prfered formats are marathons (100km) and olympic format (xc). there isnt much room for 17 year olds in marathons so i guess im trying to do well in my xc races for now. At the moment, im doing a bit of training for the Scott 24hr in october, but my main focus is on the highland fling in november and then the nationals series in summer. im going to tray and win open in the fling as i came 4th in open in the angry doctor a few weeks ago. the first race of the nationals series that i will be in will be at Illinbah which as far as i can tell is steep, wet and slow so im going to try and win there as i think its the best track for me.
My trainig for now is focused on getting faster. I have a lot of endurance but im being left behind at the start. so im starting interval training and the bakery ride (a group ride in canberra) on my roadie to help improve my speed and will start to work on improving my cornering and decending.
Also, I have been selected for the CORC ACTAS talent development program which will involved going to a gym twice a week to develop muscles and stuff.

Anyway, i need to study, so ill get back to you all later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

mate just read all ur blogs top effort in the angry doctor and the fling.. ur only 17 how u get so fast... enjoy the gym im a spin instructor get in there n smash a few of them great vo2max training..after reading eds and urs will be posting my year of about 20races from starting from the emergancy ward in jan to completing the 100mile just ahead of ed..

james..