Saturday, November 22, 2008

Almost there

well last week (10th-14th) I had a realy good week of training with my brother and felt realy strong and fast. Well turns out I may have pushed it a bit too much. Ive been sick all week studying. I got a cold last sunday which was relay that bad but by mid week i was farked, sleeping all day and blowing my nose more than you can believe. Its now saturday and I did intend on going for an easy ride at O'connor Ridge, but its very very windy, spraying rain occasionaly and about 10 degrees outside. So might give the ride a miss unless it looks like it will dry up a bit. I think if i can get on the bike this weekend and a get about 3-5 more rides in by thursday I will be right for Nationals, but this is a good way to come into the series.

On the school front, Ive finished classes for the year and have had two days of exams and two more to go (1 per day for me). So I have a bit of time to ride If i feel up to it. My plan for the moment is to go for an easy roll today just to maintain fitness and skill, the tomorow go for a road ride up some of the mountains in canberra (again not killing myself) then just mtb rides on the steep switchbacks at Majura and finish it of with a road crit on wedsday night. Then thursday me and dad are driving up to QLD and will get there middayish on friday so we can go for an easy ride around the track to just figgure out lines and keep the legs rolling.

As I mentioned, Im racing the road crits now (I havent actualy started myself). My brother and his friends who I ride with have made a team to race B grade in. One of them knows a guy from token and got them to sponsor us, and so im hopeing this will result in bigger things if you know what I mean. Im looking forward to the crits for a few reasons, its relay good training, I think it will be realy fun trying different stratergys and they pey the top 20% of the feild (apparently).

So thats whats going on. The rains stopped now, so I might get my bike ready and go for a ride.
Bye!

No comments: