Sunday, May 31, 2009

The partys over

Its the end of may, and that only means one thing, I start training again now. Ive had a rest from real training for about a month and been enjoying my 18ness a bit. As ive probably already mentioned, Im now training to peak in September for some marathons the and the Scott24hr. My plan is to focus on endruance util mid July when ill be doing 200km rides on the weekends, at the same time Ill also work on my climbing which has never been the same since I started training for last summers national series. After this month and a half period, I will start working more on strength and thresholds. At this time I will also start doing longer XC rides on various terrain so that I really feel comfortable on my bike and can come into these races in the very best condition, ready to handle it all. My main gaol out of this is to get to a point where I have the endurance and knowledge to race a marathon with out hitting the wall midway through, and to build up my speed on easier sections where I usualy get dropped. I think with this amount of effort going into these races, I will really be at a level where I can start racing with bakc end of the elite guys.

Since I last posted nothing much has really happened, I got 15th in a club XC race in Senior men which I was pretty happy with considering the size and quality of the feild. Tha also means my forks are finaly fixed and going great. I think ive finaly got my roadie going well, gears are working the bakc wheel has been true for a record amount of time and pretty stiff and its generaly feeling good.

So thats all for now, Ill probably bust out some big rides next weekend and let you know how that goes. Catchya Gangstas!

1 comment:

chops said...

keep on truckin..

see ya at the doctor..