Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Tour de Holidays - Stage 1

Nick Wilson would like to introduce the worlds 4th grand Tour of cycling: the Tour de Holidays, a 26 day tour around Canberra to make up for lots of lost training.

First day of holidays, woke up with plans of an epic ride up to Honeysuckle Creek, but it was very very foggy, then it started raining and I had second thoughts. The clear sky in the distance made me think it may clear up, so I got ready and headed out. I decided to do a different safer rider on a route I found yesterday. I went out along the Federal Hwy and then the Old Federal Hwy and turned left at Gundaroo Bungendoor Road, which takes you a few kms south the Gundaroo. Here I turned left again back to Sutton and then back into a clear sunny Canberra. It was such a nice ride. No cars, nice roads, trees, very peaceful. I pushed myself pretty hard most of the way as well, by the time I got home I was stuffed for the first time in a long time.

So after stage one of the Tour de Holidays the Nick Wilson is in Yellow, Green, Polka dot, and White. Stage s will see some early morning hill climb reps on Black Mountain, followed by some long ride on Friday for stage 3, before an unusual 3 hour dirt based race at Sparrow Hill. Sunday will be a rest day.

No comments: