Monday, October 13, 2008

24 hours later

Well for another year its all over. Sat morning I was tierd and not in the mood for sorting an argument about a lap system let alone racing a 24hr. Glen had the first lap but was held up a bit by the solo riders. I was now up for the second lap, riding up the long hill and a steep techy downhill, just what I like. I felt smooth but not very fast, but I got a 37min 30sec lap. This was one of the fastest laps by any of the riders heading intot this years nationals series in under 19s. This comfortable but fast pace stayed with me for another 7 laps and our junior team of 5 got 3rd in the Teams of 6 catagory. I came away from the race feeling realy good. Not too tired, not too sore and and very happy with my lap times and our 3rd place.

I am now working towards winning Open Men in the Highland Fling and winning my first national round for the season at Illinbah. But ths will be a very busy 6 weeks at school so Im going to to have to get organised to fit training in.

Before i go i would like to thank CORC for putting on a great event and supporting our team, and also my team. In particular Tim Smyth for all the work you did to get us going, but Glen Tom and Dan all did a realy good job aswell.

No comments: