Tuesday, October 28, 2008

School will be the death of me!

Its my third week back at school now and this term is rough, we have 6 weeks to do the work we usualy do in in 10, so its all a bit full on. Last week nearly destroyed me, I started a physics assingment (which was two assinment in one) a bit too late and had a few late night in an attempt to hand it in on time. This resulted on absalutly no training last week. It doesnt help that after the scott I went out too hard and wrecked myself for a few days. I still have 3 more assingments left and then tests but im a bit more organised now.

Im pretty focused on my first national round at Illinbah. I think the track is the kin fof track i can win on mainly cause of the steep switch backs on the climb which is what I love. Getting there is going to be a bit tough though (if anyone wants to give me a lift from the gold coast to Illinbah on the thursday or firday before let me know =)). I also have the Highland Fling on in two weeks which im realy looking forward too. dont know how well I will go but I did about 105km on my own on sunday arvo with a head wind on the way home which was a bit anoying. Here is a photo i got.

Unfortunantly the road doesnt go all the way to the top but it does go a fair way up, but still not a significant climb.

So my plans for now are start racing the Dirt Crits each thursday night and mabey a few road crits, get a podium at the Highland Fling and find my way to Illinbah to try and podium there aswell.

See ya round like a record.

1 comment:

James Downing said...

Hey nick
to ensure that you are ready for Illinbah, I would suggest doing the fireroad climb up to the top of Mount Majura - in the middle ring (yep, up to the radar) - Illinbah is a steep bastard, that will require power. The switchbacks there do not do a lot to reduce the gradient. Plus it is somewhat on grass, so the power gained from doing middle ring majura repeats will assist.

cheers
James