Thursday, December 18, 2008

End of the year

Its the end of the year, everythings starting to finish and its party time. Last night raced the last road crit for the year, talk about edgy. There was extra prize money so everyone was mad keen to place well and everyone was just all over the shop yelling at each other and what not. I was having a greta time, felt good, no strugle at all just hammering arounf stromlo crit track and figuring out my plan for the sprint. coming into the sprint theres a right hand corner then a left hand corner. I decided to take the inside of the right corner and then accelerate on the far outside of the last corner. The guy in front did the same and I was hammering it and accelerating alot faster than the bunch. I had about 10 meters to make up but I could have done it, had the guy in front of me not violently wobbled all over the place causing me to swerve of onto the grass, finishing in about 3rd last place, I was so angry, I realy think I could have done it, but it was a fun night anyway. Pete got 5th and Dave got 3rd, our best finish so far, so we went out and had some pizza as a celebration.
Tonight, Im racing the mtb crit which is a hill climb tonight as another Xmas special. Im going to try and do well but im probably racing Dylan Cooper and Ben henderson so I wont be disappointed if Im not there first.

Ive been training pretty hard since ive been on holidays (with the exception of last weekend which was too wet and windy). Im feeling alot stronger now, but I realy need to work on my climbing. I never thought Id have to say that but its true. So Im going to bust out some more hill climbs throughout the week and get back my inner mountain goat.
So im down the coast next week, probably with the roadie and then back to Canberra on the 27th for PHD which is going to go off and then after new years, party time is over and it becomes hammer time.

Any way have fun over xmas and new years, dont be safe and Ill catchya later kids.

No comments: