Monday, December 8, 2008

Getting back on track

Ive been doing alot of thinking about what my goals are and what my strengths are. Illinbah left me in a bad state of mind, It was going to be my big race where Id make a name for myself, and it didnt happen. I went for a few rides last week and felt realy crapy, realt slow up the hills, and just weak in the crits. This was not how I felt before Illinbah and my cold. Ive decided that ive hit a bit of a dip at the moment and I just need to push myself out of it and get strog for National champs in january. This means im not going to race you yangs or anything other than crits till then. Im also not going to be on the mountain bike much for the rest of the year. My plan for the rest of the year is to just get as strong as i can by doing hard fast rides with flat fast sections, undulating rough sections and somegood climbs. Im not going to be over doing it either, I dont want to get sick again. I have no set days for riding just not riding on tuesday, crit on wednsday and thrusday and bunch ride on sat morning. I am already starting to feel stronger again, but still not there. Over Xmas my family is going down the south coast for a week. Ive been looking on bikley and the road rides look a little bit boring, but from what i can tell the XC tracks are few and far between, so im not sure which bike to take. I might have achat to Brendan Johnston see what he reckons, he lives down there, so id say he knows all the roads and xc tracks.
So thats where things are at for now, tell me if you know of any good roads or XC tracks between batemans bay and moruya.
Bye
Nick

No comments: