Sunday, November 8, 2009

Lazy Days

I think we left off at me preparing for a road race at Tharwa a few weeks ago. They got A and B to race together (I race B) which meant the pace was going to be a bit more full on, but probably not to bad, and it wasn't all that bad most of the time. I was doing some solid turns on the front, racing a bit smarter than the last time I raced road back on May. But 3rd lap (of 4) they decided to really crack it up the climb, and I really didn't have the energy for something that intense at that stage and decided to let them go and catch of on the brief descent on the other side. This wasn't my greatest move, as it turned out the pace had been set for the rest of the race, not just the climb and after hammering myself for about 5 km sitting only 150m behind I gave up and just rolled to the finish, knowing I had a good ride and enjoyed the sun. In the end only 2 B grade riders finished.

Since then nothing has happened.

I currently have a crack in the back rim of the roadie. After abusing the heavy delicate piece of crap for over a year now, it finally gave in. I also haven't fixed my mtb forks and my SS commuter is out of action, so I have done no training for 2 weeks. I will probably try fix my forks this week so I can do the dirt crits, and I guess I will try and sort something out for my road bike since I'm meant to be racing the road crits on the Token team now.

So that's all for now, if you don't hear anything for a while, its because I have no bikes and I'm a bit busy with school (which finishes forever in 3 weeks) and enjoying a few late nights out to make up for all those last while training over winter.

No comments: