Friday, October 23, 2009

Fine weather, fine times

I think if training is the only thing in the way of becoming a good rider, I just need to move to a good climate. As of the Scott, I was planning on just chilling for the rest of the year, training when I want, but not forcing myself out of bed at 6am (not that it ever actually happens). But this week has seen the most training Ive done in months. Why you ask? Its been hot, sunny and not too windy, so Ive been doing all the riding I can before it gets windy or cold or wet again.

Tuesday I did a ride out to Sutton before school, which ruined me for the rest of the day, but it was well worth it, had such a great time, then Wednesday night, I hit up the epic Mt Pleasant and Mt Ainslie, had ACTAS gym sesh yesterday, then I did a 70km ride out to Lake George after school this morning. Plus Ive been riding to school everyday, so me and the roadie have spent a lot of time together this week, were becoming good friends.

Tomorrow, I PLAN to do a road race out at Tharwa, its about 75km over 3 laps on a fast, picturesque undulating coarse. I'm going to have to ride out there, which as about 30km, so I hope I'm not too stuffed after that to have a good race, but I will have fun either way. After that, I will probably race the Club Championships at Uriara Homestead next weekend. Then there are two big races (for me at least), the IBM Classic which is doodles around the bottom of Corin dam for a bit before the 12km climb to the finish at Corin Forest, a climb I know pretty well, and can climb very well, followed by the ACT Hill Climb Champs, a TT up Corin Dam, another race I think I could do well in. There is also the return of Team Token Products to the Summer Crit Series and CORCs dirt crits once I fix my forks.

That's all for now, Ill let you know how the Tharwa race goes next week.

No comments: