Saturday, January 10, 2009

Hot Damn Boys!!!

Look what arrived today







So after a pretty average road race on the false flat at Uriara this morning (I got droped half way and DNFed), me and dad poped by Cycle City to pick up my new frame all ready to go. Its an 08 model Carbon FLX 5000 frame so its a little different to my old one. Its got a scratch guard on the drive side of the chain stay and different shapes around the place. Feels pretty much the same as my old bike though (as you would expect). Hasnt been for a ride yet, but will be seeing the likes of the Stromlo World Cup track sometime tomrow morning.

Im trying to sell the forks so I can buy some R7s which will be followed by XO shifters and rear mech.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey dude

Your new frame looks good. Make sure you run a lizard skin or similar on the drive side chain stay for the additional protection. The scratch guard won't help much off road.
p.s. I found your site via your link in farkin. I saw the post about the fox fork. Don't worry about that Bodin idiot. He is a muppet.
G

Nicholas Wilson said...

Haha, thanks man. Yeah ive raped an old tube thickly around it to stop chain slap and the same problem as last time. But the guard is good for chain suck and stuff as the chain ring is very very close to the frame.

Bodins fine, just doing hsi job.