Thursday, January 8, 2009

Too much road (the dirt is calling)

I have some fantastic news (for me anyway) after waiting ages to hear from Merida about my frame, they came back and said they wont cover it because its accidental. They did however offer a frame for $700ish. This was not good enough, we talked to the guys from Merida (not the bike shop) and explained how well the bike had been treated and the agreed to replace it. They reckon I will have the bike by the weekend, but I don't know about (I really hope I do though). This leaves me with 2 weeks to nail the nationals course (not as long as the month i had planed on).

Besides the fact the nationals are only 2 and half weeks away, I need another bike so I'm not always on the roadie. As much as I like road riding, my bike is a piece of shit. Its only 8 speed which isn't too bad, but sometimes I wish i had more choice when I just cant find my rhythm. The drive train is pretty worn out, and is getting pretty sloppy. But the back wheel is the biggest problem, the hub spins around about 5 or 6 times and stops (with a good spin), and I the worst rim you have ever seen. It takes about 2 maybe 3 rides before it buckles again. I am constantly truing it. Then theres the the tyre I put on it, I got the tyre in October and it is already very very flat and getting a lot of punctures. How many you ask? Tuesday, a flat while chasing the Hour of Power, fixed that on Wednesday, as we were leaving another flat, so we replaced the tube, then another flat on the way to the crit, then this morning, another flat about 300m from home.

But I'm still in a good mood for riding, I just want to go out and hammer myself. I don't think I can do well at nationals, but I think 5th is very possible. But Im realy looking forward to starting my enduro training.

Thats all for now, Ill get back to you once ive been out for a ride on the frame.

1 comment:

Declan. said...

yeah bro.. go for broke! 5th place would be sick as but you will get higher ;)
See you down there