Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Lats minute prep

Its a bit less than a week from National Champs. Ive done a fair bit of training in the last two weeks. On the road there has been a bit of everything, racing, intervals, and fast hilly bunch rides. Monday was my last road ride and I did intervals up the Federal Hwy, I was a bit tired so I couldnt push my self to the limit, but I felt pretty fast anyway. Ive stoped road traing so that my legs can recover a bit for the weekend, and feel fresh and ready to hammer it. As for the mountin bike, Ive been to stromlo a few times now, mainly just practising the world cup climb and berm track. Im pretty fast on both now. Tomorow im going to go and get everything down perfect. I havnt been able to get up the first pinch of the world cup climb, but im riding virtualy on slicks which makes it pretty hard. I feel pretty fast on most of the track until Break out, the fast track with a few switchbacks at the start followed by flying straight down to the backup car park with lots of of camber corners. It is just such a slipery track and I cant get through the coreners fast enough, hopefuly some aggresive tyres and a cleaner dustyer track will help me out a little bit. Ive been riding the caurse with my borther and Brad Morton (sp) a bit which has helped because I now know where Im slow and fast, where i should be attacking.

My plan is to go out tomrow morning and try and get every thing down. Then thursday night, go out and race the short track and do a lap of the track with racing tyres on and then ride out to stromlo on the roadie on sat morning to help dad in his race. The saturday mornign ride is to just keep my legs moving and keep them loose and streched.

Ive now got a new middle chain ring, cassette and chain so I should have plenty of power. Im looking forward to the race, im trying to get myself in a good mind set. My best perfomances have been when im in a good mood but a bit aggresive, so i guess im just going to listen to some tunes and get angry while I warm up...hahaha.

So unless somthing happens between now and then, ill see you all in a weekish.

No comments: