Sunday, February 8, 2009

Hot hilly fun

So until this weekend Ive been doing the usualy rides, dirt/road crit, scottsman etc. But yesterday me pete, dave, dapre, nath, ian and dad (sort of) went for a ride to Lake George. it was up early (again) meeting at dickson. we cruised up the federal hwy until the turn off to the old federal hwy. Ive never been a huge fan of the old federal hwy but ive only ever done the first couple of Kms to the top of the first hill, after that it was beautiful. Nice fast smooth road, lots of trees, no cars and some pretty ok climbs and lots of triathletes for some reason. we cruised along having a great time until we got to lake george. we stoped and had a chat and decided that we would just come back the way we came rather than via bungendoor or somthing. The ride back was just as fun, smaching it along the smooth flowing roads.

This morning I decided to ride to the cotter up to the top of the Condor Creek climb back to the cotter and then home via coppins crossing. I didnt remeber how hot it was outside and hoe long the ride was without coppins crossing, which was eventualy cut out. It was another fun ride. I puched myself pretty hard up the bigger climbs and got through about 4 700ml bottles of water. I smashed my self and by the time i passed stromlo on my way home Id had it, i just cruised home feeling very hot, sweaty, and hungry. In total Ive done about 7 hours of riding this weekend, which is a pretty good start to my endurance training.

This week, ive got the road crit on wednsday, the thursday im punishing everyone by setting the track for the dirt crit (a one lap ride to the top of the pines and back), and then the sydney 24hr on the weekend.

No comments: