Tuesday, February 24, 2009

A month late?

The last two or so weeks I have been feeling really good. Like the fittest Ive ever been. Ive been doing relay well in the road crits and the bakery bunch, and on sunday I did 110km+ and felt fine for the whole ride and for the rest of the day. So I feel like Ive peaked a month late for Nationals. But to tell you the truth I dont think my fitness held me back at nationals, it was my skill and a flat tyre.

But moving on, Ive started ACTAS now. Its been pretty good, alot of focus on core strength and Ive come away feeling sore all over after it, but in a good way. I think this will relay help me from getting a tired back, and keep my upper body strong through races. Only problem is I have had to cut back my already short single shift at work.

On sunday, Nicks Annual Fantastic Tour of Honysuckle Creek took place, it was me pete and andy c. It was a beautiful morning and we just cruised out to Naas and then I smashed my self up the hill enjoying a nice long steep climb in the beautiful Namadgi National Park. We stopped up the top and had a munch before coming back down probably the fastest Ive ever gone. That hill is so stupidly steep, I couldn't brake hard enough into the corners, I was having so much fun. Coming back through Tuggeranong and then along Adelaide Ave, we started a team time trial back and I felt great, just powering along.

On the race front, the marathon champs have bee canceled so my next big race is the 24hr solo championships. I will race the under 18s 6+6 hour. I'm keen to do better than last year and hopefully win. I think Ive had a lot more experience, and I'm alot fitter now so I will do well this year. After that, Ill train for the the Canberra Tour. A 2 day road race around Canberra and then at the end of may, Capital Punishment, a 100km mtb race from Sparrow hill to Stromlo.

So that's all for now, catch you all later.

No comments: