Monday, August 10, 2009

Another excuse

Yep another excuse for why I have been for maybe 4 or 5 rides in the last 3 weeks. Very little sleep has now resulted in me getting fully sick, and not in the usually way. Seems to be just a cold, but its painful, can't breath all that fantastically and my nose is like a tap. I'm really disappointed though, I was planning to race the Iron Mike, a pretty big race that I did pretty well in last year and one of the biggest road races during winter. I was planning on racing the ACT road champs this weekend as well, but I'm going to need a remarkable recovery to consider doing that now. I want to make the epic trip to the end of Boboyan Road and back by the end of winter/before the Angry Doctor but times running out for that as well, but its still possible. In case I haven't mentioned I'm confirmed for the Angry Doctor, followed 2 weeks later by the You Yangs Yowie then the Scott 24hr a week later. Even if I'm not all that fit, I'm really looking forward to the Yowie, looks like a really fun track. If any of you guy(s)/girl(s) reading this are familiar with the You Yangs and particularly the Yowie track, please let me know what I'm in for. Is it a lot of single track or fire road? and what are the climbs like? steep and hard or long slogs?

So I'm off for more tea and sleep, hope you enjoyed my uneventful update.

No comments: