Sunday, August 16, 2009

On the road again.

Well, not so much the road as the single track. That's right, the man flu has passed after a week of miserable suffering. Yesterday morning was the most perfect winters morning you could ask for, calm, warm and sunny. So I went for a little roll to to enjoy the delightful surrounds of O'connor Ridge. It took me a little while to get going, and I was coughing a bit, but by the end I was feeling great, a nice peaceful adventure out of the house was just what I needed to get me going again. But it was just a warm up, this morning me Tom and Ben headed out on a mtb epic from O'connor Ridge to Stromlo and back. The ridge was a blast, and it was great to ride around black mountain as well. When we got to Stromlo the clouds were getting dark and there were a couple of drops of rain. By half way though the ride, the rocks were getting slippery and the track was as gripy as you will ever see them at Stromlo, but it never developed more than that. It ended up being an easy 3.5 hours in the saddle, so I'm still doing OK.

In other news, a parcel from CRC arrived on Friday afternoon full of answers to my cycling problems. I pulled apart my rear wheel today, after picking up some spokes I will rebuild that. I'm also going to service my front hub as well, so that I don't need to replace that any time soon. The bike is going into the shop on Tuesday to get a new BB and wont come back with the small chain ring (I'm going 2x9) then Finlay a new cassette, chain middle chainring and tyres are going on.

So thats all for now, hopefully in a week I will be back on track and feeling PUMPED!!!!!

No comments: