Monday, August 31, 2009

2 weeks away!!!!

He's fired up and ready for some malpractice, the Angry Doctor is only 2 weeks away. The highlight of my racing calender is the Angry Doctor, and I'm feeling pretty good coming into it. This is the most enjoyable of any race I have done, the scenery is beautiful, its challenging, there is some really fun single track and its always an adventure. The preparation has gone to plan after a 3 week break due to illness, but I'm still on track. Last week was meant to be a peak training week, but school got in the way and as it turns out, I didn't stretch my legs once. Did some hill climb reps and a mtb ride on the weekend though. A few short intense rides this week and then a week of recovery before the race and I should be in good shape.

At this stage I think I will be in form for the yowie on October the 3rd as school will be very relaxed after that. This is another race I'm really looking forward to, every photo Ive seen looks really fun. I'm making a few plans for next year in terms of racing. I'm thinking of doing a few of the enduro races in the Nationals Series next year with a focus on the Otway Odyssey, a race Ive wanted to do for years now. I might consider doing the BMC Mountains to Beach, or more likely the Terra Australis but that depends on getting money.

So that's all for now, keep on rolling.

No comments: